Thursday, June 7, 2007

LeBron: Finals vs. Birth of 2nd Son? HMMM.


LeBron James might miss Game 5 on June 17 in Cleveland if his girlfriend Savannah Brinson, goes into labor with the couple's second child (she is expecting on that date.) Well, those dates are never EXACT, but let's entertain the thought. I think they should just cut the debate and bring LeBron's g/f to the arena for the night. If she needs to have the kid, don't they any have medical personnel back there? Handle it. Maybe at half time bring the kid out to mid-court and christen him to basketball as heir apparent like in the Lion King. Get David Stern to be Rafiki and raise baby Simba/LeBron in the air, then, with the half-time performers in front the crowd behind them will bow down and cheer as they play a Tag Team version of Elton's John's "Circle of Life" throughout the Quicken Loans Arena.
Alas though, my vision may not come true if for some reason she wants the baby delivered at a actual hospital or something. No big deal, says LeBron. According to an interview with ESPN LeBron said that it will be tough, but that his g/f knows that he "is not going to miss another game...she knows how much I love my teammates...I was there for the first birth...."

HOOOO baby LeBron Jr. #2 just got burned!!!

(fast forward 10 years into the future, the James' family going over old photo albums):
LBJ: look kids, that's you at 8 months old, and with your first Nike shoe endorsements too Isn't that adorable.
LBJ-jr#1: And that picture is me, the day I was born. You look so happy, dad.

LBJ: Sure was, son!

LBJ-jr.#2: But where are you in my birth picture, dad?

LBJ: Hmm. interesting...Oh yea now I remember...about that--alright lemme explain. So, seeing as I was already there for LeBron Jr. #1's birth, human nature and physics and stuff tells us that the magic of having more kids goes away with the more kids you have. I mean really, LBJ-jr.#3 over there should be lucky he even got a name, know what I'm saying. Besides, I was trying to win a championship for a fading franchise and forgotten city in the world of basketball, not to mention so that I could provide you kids with a good education and Bentleys. Understand?

LBJ-jr.#2: I guess so....I mean, you guys did end up winning the NBA Finals, right?

LBJ: Hmmm...no...

LBJ-jr.#2: Well at least, you played well on my birthday, right?

LBJ: (ruminates over 14-point performance) Ummmm....

**BUZZZZZZZZ*** (end-game horn)

No comments: